Affordable kitchen renovations have been in business since 2002. Specializing in designing Kitchens, built-wardrobes and special joinery items, we have been a popular supplier to the local Shoal haven area.
Back then, the business was known as SJL Carpentry Services, but over the years, Steve and Julie have built the business to include four main areas.
1. Built-in Wardrobes
With Steve’s Vast experience in Wardrobe installation and being a licensed tradesman, Steve decided to provide custom designed wardrobes to the general public after moving to the area from in the Sutherland Shire back in 1999.
Steve still offers mirror door built-ins in many different designs, with custom designed internal shelves and hanging space options to suit all individuals needs. He can take on board what you need and may also be able to suggest different ideas to help maximize your space.
Is your new kitchen AFFORDABLE??? You may have seen this on our local van? It is a tag we stand by.
Your new kitchen is important to us. Affordability is important to all of us! So regardless if it’s a big or small job, completely new or a refurbishment, bench tops or shelving, we are interested in helping you with your design to meet your budget.
In some instances your cupboards may be in great condition and you may wish to re-use these. We can utilize some or all in the same or a new layout, or add new units to achieve the final design so it functions well and looks great! So by only changing the doors, bench tops and handles, your project can look brand new without the full new kitchen price tag. Many of our past customers have done this!
We are also happy to quote on
- Dishwasher cut-ins
- New oven and hotplate modifications for old
- bench top changes to new
- pantry and fridge space enlargement
- Match up existing door colours and profiles (depending on age and availability)
We also manufacture brand new kitchens offering all the popular brands with-in the industry. Just some of the suppliers we use are
- Formica and Form-tek for doors and bench tops.
- Harn, Hettich & Blum for hinges and drawer systems offering standard and soft close options.
- Ceasar Stone, Quantum Quartz, Essa Stone and Smart Stone for high end stone bench tops in 20mm and 30mm options.
- Dulux & Wattyl paints just to name a few, for polyurethane 2 pac paint finishes for doors and glass splash backs.
- We can also supply options on new sink and tap mixers from Veronar, Abey, Nova Platinum, and more…..
Handles and accessories are a big part of a kitchen we have accounts with four main hardware supplies for these.
You can even email your house plans as an attachment to allow us to work with-in your kitchen space. If you are renovating an old kitchen, Steve is happy to visit your home to complete a measure, and then discuss your needs before drawing up the new design.
- Is it time to renovate that old space?
- Do you need your new washer and dryer to fit better?
- Need more room?
At Affordable we can help with that old laundry tub or changing from upright washing machines to under bench machines and free up the wall space.
Most laundries are a walk through situation so at Affordable our modern sleek designs with laundry bench tubs that incorporate broom and linen cupboards are very popular and give you more space. As a wet area all our units are made with high moisture resistant materials that meet with Australian standards. See our picture gallery for photos of past jobs
4. Our 3d design service will provide you with drawings to help you visualize not only a functional kitchen or laundry but a stylish one to cater to your lifestyle and needs.
In addition we have personal relationships with other licensed trades people like electricians, plumbers, tilers etc. We can even put you in direct contact with them if your renovation requires these services.
So from your initial inquiry, to design and quoting, through to final delivery and installation, you are kept informed along the way to make the whole experience one to look forward too. So let’s get excited, IT’S YOUR NEW AFFORDABLE KITCHEN.